Are you ready for holi?
Gujhiya or karanji is a special sweet made often during Holi time, which is also spring starting.
Its a sweet pastry filled with khoya/ mawa and dry fruits along with sugar and coconut.
So as holi is around sharing a basic and simple recipe for gujiya
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 cup Sooji (Semolina)
- 1 tablespoon oil/ Ghee (moyan)
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 cup Khoya/Mawa or you can take 100 gms of pedha
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 teaspoonCardamom powder/ ialichi powder
- 1 teaspoon Saffron strands dissolved in water
- 10 pcs Charoli
- Raisins/ kishmish 2 spoons
- Cashew pieces we will cut all dry fruits in small pieces